TRIO Student Support Services is a grant program, funded by the U.S. Department of Education to help First Generation college students persist and become the first in their families to graduate from college!
Click this link to APPLY NOW: TRIO SSS Application
Eligibility: You must meet one or more of the following requirements to be select ed as a TRIO participant:
- A citizen of the U.S. citizen or have a registration number as a permanent resident
- First Generation -meaning whoever raised you did not have a 4 year Bachelor's degree
- Income level that meets the guidelines of the Department of Education
- Documented disability
Eligibility does not guarantee acceptance into the SSS TRIO program.
Goal: Our team provides intentional interventions proven to boost academic, social, and personal readiness for the attainment of your college degree!
Benefits to TRIO Participants:
- Assistance/Mentorship in your adjustment to college life
- Academic Support
- Academic Advising & Course Selection
- Tutoring –individual, group, or 24/7 online tutoring service
- Understanding/applying for Financial Aid
- Career/Major Exploration
- Graduate School planning
- 1 credit hour SUCCESS course each semester = 6 hours towards graduation requirements
- Peer Mentoring
- Graduate school trips
- Alternative spring break trip
- Cultural trips/experiences
- Textbook Library
- Computer Lab/Printing
- Referrals to campus and community resources
- Development of Financial Literacy skills - We partner with Cash Course: https://www.cashcourse.org
Nationally, students in the SSS TRIO program are more than twice as likely to remain in college as students, from similar backgrounds, who do not participate in the program.
Come to the second floor of Zimmermann Hall and we will check your eligibility. If you fill out the on-line application, make sure you visit us as soon as you are on campus. We will further explain how our services will help you to navigate the university environment.