Skip To Content


Creating the Graduation Plan

During the semester of EDUC2420 Entry Workshop, you will meet with your academic advisor to create a plan of coursework needed for graduation.  During the workshop, you will use Chalk and Wire to submit the grad plan document.
  • Determine your anticipated graduation date and work backwards.
  • Understand that if you are seeking additional endorsements, minors, or majors you will probably need more time to graduate. It will possibly mean more practicums and student teaching.
  • Secondary Education students should see your content advisor first, then meet with the your designated Education advisor. See the list on the right side of this page. 
  • Secondary Education students should check in with your education advisor at least every semester to make sure you are on track.
  • Once you have a graduation plan in place, see your education advisor for any changes. Do not go to the CAP Center for adding or dropping classes.

Teacher Education

You must be officially accepted into the Teacher Education program prior to enrolling in Practicum and Student Teaching field experiences and registering for Methods coursework. Refer to the Acceptance page for a complete list of requirements.
  • GPA 2.75
  • Three faculty recommendations (two must be from Graceland EDUC instructors) Recommendation Form.docx
  • Submit your Grad Plan in Chalk and Wire to your education advisor (Lamoni) and Kathy McElroy (Independence)
  • Pass CBASE with minimum score of (English, Math, Science and Social Studies)

Field Experiences 



  • You need 124 hours to graduate.
  • When you are signed up for senior-level classes and before you submit the online application for student teaching, complete the Application for Graduation at the beginning of the year.
  • In your senior year you must take two Praxis tests for your major/endorsement area, one for pedagogy and one for content knowledge. Refer to the Praxis Information page for more detailed information.
  • During student teaching plan to pay for FBI Fingerprinting and a teaching certificate. The current cost for both is $150.


If you are majoring in a secondary of K-12 subject area, you have been assigned an Education Advisor from the School of Education. Contact your Education Advisor to ensure that your education requirements are being met.