Please see the Safety Services page for information about GU Safe Ride and GU Alert.
Personal Safety Recommendations:
- Do not walk alone during the hours of darkness.
- If you must walk along, inform someone at your destination when to expect you.
- If you are attacked, do anything to bring public attention to your situation: scream, bite, kick and stomp the attacker's foot with your heel. Keep items of value out of sight.
- Safeguard documents containing personal information others could use to commit identity theft.
- Lock your residence hall door when you are asleep or when the room is not occupied.
- Report suspicious activity promptly.
- Never prop open residence hall exterior doors.
- Never loan your access/ID card to others.
- Mark items of value with an identifying number or symbol. Record serial numbers. Photograph items of value. Never use your social security number as an identifying number.
- Register your bicycle and lock it to a campus bike rack or keep it in your room when not in use.