Bee Healthy Forms

Title Description File type

Save your own copy and update it throughout the year after activities are completed - email form to Nicole Patience in first week of January 2021.

.xlsx

There is no content in this portlet.

There is no content in this portlet.

2021 Bee Healthy Activities

Program Activity

Credit Value

HEALTH AWARENESS

Donate Blood

1 (one time)

Flu Shot

1 (one time)

Preventive Exam (this includes Chiropractor/Acupuncture and other alternative health options)

5 (one time)

Preventive Dental Exam

5 (one time)

Vision Exam

2 (one time)

Non-Smoker or quit smoking                                                 5 (one time)

Physical Activity (Jan-Dec)

100-360 minutes (per month)

1 point

361-600 minutes (per month)

2 points

601-720 minutes (per month)

3 points

721-1200 minutes (per month)

4 points

1200+ minutes (per month)

5 points  (maximum of 60 points)

Monthly Nutrition

You can earn 1 point per month for following a healthy diet based on your own nutritional needs. 

1 per month (12 points possible)

You can earn 1 point per month for                                              

drinking your recommended water                                               

intake (see link on Bee Healthy page

under Links to calculate your amount –

approx. half your body weight in ounces)

1 per month (12 points total)

SELF-CARE

For anyone seeking to live a healthy, sustainable life, one vital habit is self-care.  In order to nurture the health of our mind, body, and soul, we need ways to re-center and restore. We need these in short spurts throughout the day, and also longer stretches. 

 

You can earn 1 point per month for consistent self-care (12 total)

Examples:

  • 8 hours of sleep most nights
  • Meditation
  • Journaling/Reflecting
  • Stretching/Foam Rolling
  • Read for 30 minutes
  • Massages
  • Soak in a bath
  • Unplug for a day
  • Try a new hobby

LOCAL WELLNESS ACTIVITIES

5K

10K

Half-Marathon

Marathon

2 (per race)

3 (per race)

4 (per race)

6 (per race)

Weight Watchers

5 (one time)

Wellness Support Group (attend 8 per year)

5 (one time)

Community Event or Local Activity

1 per activity (3 points total)

Lead an Exercise Class/Activity for employees (must lead all year – contact wellness committee to be approved)

Automatic silver level

 

Total Wellness Credits

75-100+

Incentive for Staff

Bronze

20 Wellness Credits

2 extra vacation hours in 2022

Silver

32 Wellness Credits

4 extra vacation hours in 2022

Gold

52 Wellness Credits

6 extra vacation hours in 2022

Platinum

70 Wellness Credits

8 extra vacation hours in 2022

 

Incentives for Faculty (choose one option)

Bronze

20 Wellness Credits

2 extra NL hours in 2022

Silver

32 Wellness Credits

4 extra NL hours in 2022

Gold

52 Wellness Credits

6 extra NL hours in 2022

Platinum

70 Wellness Credits

8 extra NL hours in 2022

32 Wellness Credits

Spouse can use FITZ for free Jan-Jun 2022

70 Wellness Credits

Spouse can use FITZ for free Jan-Dec 2022

 

 

Points for New Employees

For employees who start in the middle of the year, points will be pro-rated.  We will look at possible points available from the day you start (you are eligible for all items listed under Health Awareness, even if you completed them before you start employment here - as long as it's during the current calendar year).  To earn bronze, take the total points available based on your start date X 25%.  For silver, take the total possible points that are available based on your start date X 50%.  For gold, take the total points available from start date X 75%.  That would be the total points you need for each level. 

For example, if your start date is June 1 there are 50 minimum total points possible that you could earn.  So you would need 13 for bronze, 25 points for silver and 38 points for gold.  Contact Nicole Patience if you have any questions.

Lamoni Campus

For ideas/suggestions/feedback, please contact the committee: Nicole Patience (chair), Sandi Swanson, Garnet Coulthard, and Brenda Toney.

Independence Campus

For ideas/suggestions/feedback, please contact Mark Robison